Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ravings of a Mad Woman



I think it's interesting how people are constantly wearing masks. Not literally masks, but they make they're face portray something other than what they actually feel.
I suppose most of this is due to the stigma that it is somehow unacceptable to be anything but stupidly happy all of the time. Does it mean there's something wrong with being sad or angry or disappointed?
I understand that it isn't exactly healthy to walk around feeling sorry for yourself every minute of everyday. And really I am not the person to tell anyone to talk about what is in the depths of they're psyche.
How many times have I been told that I never talk about myself, or when something is visibly wrong I tend to shut down and get angry if pushed too far.
I have never been a big fan of talking about feelings. It usually makes me feel stupid afterward.
But does this make me seem boring to those who don't know me? Does this preference to listen to others instead of myself make me seem dull?
There are times when I wish my brain would shut of for a while, just so I could spend an hour or so without over thinking everything. Over-analyzing is one of my specialties.
I've never been afraid of being alone, not lonely, but alone. There is a difference.
You can be alone and not be lonely, just as you can be lonely but never alone.
Being alone has never scared me. For the most part I do well by myself.
So what does that say about me?

No comments: