Saturday, July 28, 2007

Week One of The Padded Cell


Great Skellig Island, Ireland 1977



I told you I would love you forever.

People keep telling me to date, but the thought makes me physically ill. Being with someone other than Andy makes me want to curl up in bed and cry. I realize that everyone will say this is because its only been a week, but it has been a week. I've always been able to get over things fairly quickly, moreso than most. And yet I feel no better than I did on Monday, only with less tears and thats only because my tear ducts are basically dry. There's a space in me that he used to occupy that is now empty.

I miss sleeping in his bed, I miss his smell. I wear his shoes just so that there's some part of him around me. I miss his laugh. He calls it companionship that he misses most. I just miss being that comfortable with someone. I miss being able to reach over and brush his hair off his forehead......or play with it when it was wet. To lay on his chest and hear his heart beat. To fall asleep next to him and know that I was completely and totally safe. Is that just companionship? I don't know.

Meg

No comments: